I recently sat down with a friend and reflected on what I've learnt living out at Bluewater Lodge. The video recording is a large file and too big to post here, but if you drop me an email, thebluewaterlodgenz@gmail.com I can share a Google drive link so you can view it.
Once you've viewed it, feel free to share your comments below.
Hello Debbie, It was wonderful to listen to your first year thoughts and reflections on living off grid and hearing both the trials of this and the joys. I do think it is amazing how one can adapt quickly to new environments and new ways of doing things. I am sure there were lots of adjustments, but your family has really blossomed with this new adventure. I am happy to have been included and I hope to hear and see even more into your beautiful life there. I would love to see your gardens and some of your meals and a photo of taking your rubbish to the mainland! Love and hugs, Ruth
Just in time for World Ocean Day on 8th June "Searching for Sea Forest Treasures" was released. This covers The Marlborough Mermaid's adventures across the Top of the South last summer. In May " Ocean " and " Seaweed: A Love Story " were released, with the latter starring Dr Nicole Miller from Explore Your Coast . I'm very grateful to her for the underwater footage in my 5 minute "Marlborough Mermaid Movie" which serves as a reminder that the land and sea forests are all connected! ~ Debbie
What is that in the water? Marlborough marine life popped up recently near Rarangi, Whites Bay and on the West Coast coinciding with National Sea Week. Wondering if there are sea forests in there. From the mountains to the sea, the land and sea forests are all connected. Have you seen any sea forests recently? ~ Debbie
What do you imagine in the sunlit shallows and glowing depths? There were bioluminescent sea-quins from the moana and a kaleidoscope of colours at the NZ Marine Sciences Conference. And what was the Marlborough Mermaid doing up in Auckland and near the Waitakere Ranges at the end of last month? She was, in the city and forest (ngahere), sharing and listening to diverse stories about disappearing land and sea forests and how we can better care for people and their special places. More details at some point in the future…. The mountains and seas are all connected! ~ Debbie
Comments
It was wonderful to listen to your first year thoughts and reflections on living off grid and hearing both the trials of this and the joys.
I do think it is amazing how one can adapt quickly to new environments and new ways of doing things. I am sure there were lots of adjustments, but your family has really blossomed with this new adventure. I am happy to have been included and I hope to hear and see even more into your beautiful life there.
I would love to see your gardens and some of your meals and a photo of taking your rubbish to the mainland!
Love and hugs,
Ruth