Kia ora


Kia ora,

Welcome to our new blog from a little piece of Paradise in the Pacific where we’ll share musings about wine, water, well-being and wilderness. 

I’m currently writing from Endeavour Inlet Queen Charlotte Sound / Tōtaranui in Aotearoa which means 'the land of the long white cloud'. This is an extraordinarily beautiful area and I am fortunate to live here! Our home is a hidden gem in a stunning, but remote, area accessed only by boat, walking or helicopter. Some of the living is challenging, but the views are worth the effort!

The seed for this adventure was planted over 40 years ago when I grew up with a close connection to the land; I loved climbing trees, swimming in the old reservoir, digging in the dirt and nurturing our animal family members. Professionally I have studied and taught internationally in the areas of bio-medical science, holistic health, yoga, meditation, aromatherapy, medicinal botanics and the connection between our health and a healthy planet. Those who know me well know that I will find any excuse to enjoy a good cuppa or glass of wine with friends. It is thus fortuitous that I am located not far from Magical Marlborough, New Zealand’s largest and most famous wine region.

You’re invited to join us and to learn about our unique lifestyle as we share our bold experience living off-grid. This is not for the fainthearted!

~Debbie


Copyright 2021 The Bluewater Lodge

Comments

Kris said…
Your new home is absolutely gorgeous! So happy for you, and looking forward to hearing more about your lifestyle and experiences in Paradise!
Thanks Kris! We're looking forward to summer; lots of kayaking and hiking (known as tramping in NZ) in our area!

Popular posts from this blog

Searching for Sea Forest Treasures

National Sea Week 2025

Marine Magic in Marlborough